Senior Scala Developer
What will you be responsible for?
- Design and implement features;
- Review contributions from other engineers;
- Analyze requirements, break down work, and help prioritize it;
- Plan for incremental software development;
- Deliver according to agile best practices;
- Communicate and analyze technical details.
What skills should you have?
- You have more than 4 years of experience in web development (and have experience in commercial development in Scala);
- Good knowledge of Scala language and Functional Programming;
- Experience with ScalaPB is a plus;
- Experience with Akka, Slick;
- Experience with Cats, Cats Effect, ZIO;
- Experience with Doobie is a plus;
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing (ScalaTest, ScalaCheck);
- Experience with Docker and one of the cloud platforms;
- English level not lower than Intermediate.
Scala is a relatively new direction in the company. Nevertheless, our team already has 10+ Scala Middle/Senior level developers.
We work with fast-growing technology companies from the USA and Western Europe, project domains are diverse - FinTech, WealthTech, Document Management Tech, AdTech.
As part of our direction, we are developing two specializations - Web and Big Data. Cumulative technology stack: Scala, Akka, Play, Spray, Slick, Spark, Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra, Cloudera, http4s, fs2, Doobie, Quill, Cats, Cats Effect.
- We take an individualized approach to career development, tailoring growth plans to every role
- In your first few months, you will have access to our technology mentorship program; you can later elect to participate as a mentor
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to up to 300 original projects in 30 different fields
- If needed, we will help you improve your English through courses offered at every level
- Our company culture is rooted in the belief that we don't create rules for their own sake
- Our benefits include Luxmed Complex and Kafeteria My Benefit
- We provide the newest tech equipment and electrically operated desks for comfort and efficiency
- Our dedicated Employee Happiness hosts pizza days, team breakfasts, and more for our team members' wellbeing