Grove Collaborative is a large American online retailer specializing in eco-friendly cosmetics, hygienic products, and household goods.
About the project
The company focuses on millennials, who prefer “smart delivery” to regular offline shopping and favor eco-friendly products with biodegradable packaging over popular brands.
In less than five years, Grove Collaborative went from a small corner shop to an internet supermarket with its own registered brands, over 1000 employees in several US states, and colossal revenue. The eco company recently raised over $125 million in investment and pledged to fully stop selling products containing plastic by 2025. iTechArt accompanied Grove Collaborative all the way during its transformation from a small company to a unicorn, and we now help the company scale and transform various functions.
One of the tricks of Grove Collaborative, for which they needed a technical vendor, was subscription orders. It was expected that customers would get a monthly subscription to goods that they use regularly.
The solution had to be able to handle high traffic and ensure uninterrupted operation of third-party services like payment systems, mailing services and customer support software. It also had to be convenient and intuitive.
Solution and results
The iTechArt team developed a convenient application with all the required features. The application makes shopping much easier:
- Customers are able to change the delivery date with one click.
- Email notifications remind users about their order and allow them to change it, if needed.
- The system recommends similar products to the customer, based on previous orders.
- A product that is out of stock can be added to the waiting list.
- Customers can preorder new inventory that isn’t in stock yet.
- The application notifies customers about exclusive events and discounts from Grove Collaborative.
Third-party systems were successfully integrated into the platform, and their performance isn’t affected by high load.
Since the app went live, we’ve had over 20 releases with updates. Grove Collaborative customers left more than 10,000 5-star reviews of the app.